Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Need a Traveler

Andy has a rubber duck that has accompanied him on his travels for many years. Duck Brown has been photographed in Canada, Europe, and all over the USA. Here's a recent picture of Duck Brown with a Klingon in Las Vegas.

Anyway, I figured I needed something similar. For many years my de facto constantly photographed item was the red camera case that housed my Fuji DL-400. I'd take the camera out of the bag and toss it on the table, and then take the picture. So needless to say, we ended up with a lot of pictures of that camera bag all over the place.

But how clever is that? Who wants to see a camera bag all over the world? So after much contemplation, I thought I had it; Buddy Christ.

No, I didn't think Buddy Christ was sacreligious or discrespectful, but carrying a statue of a white version of Jesus seemed a little, I don't know, Catholic? Anyway, the only store around here that I knew carried them didn't have any. They had various interesting rubber ducks, but that seemed too derivative. Then after an exhaustive search, I found it.

Meet Bart Blue Bender

Actually, I think we'll just go with Bender. Look for Bender's first road trip in the days to come, as he and I are heading to Manhattan tomorrow morning. Since I'm taking the aforementioned Fuji DL-400 which captures its pictures on 35mm film, it could be quite a while before the trip's pictures make it to the web.

1 comments:

Andy Roth said...

I'll give you some free advice: buy several bender's now. That way, when the first one gets worn out, lost, or abused as a dog/child toy, you can keep the dream alive

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |