Sunday, July 23, 2006

Manhattan Deja Vu

I first went to New York City in 1977, and didn't return for 26 years, save a couple of times just driving through. Since I did make my return in 2003, I've been there three times already, and today will be the fourth. At this point I'm thinking, "What took me so long?"

I'm definitely not any kind of NYC expert, and I barely feel like I know what I'm doing when I'm there, but I have to say that the city is far, far less intimidating than I think I was giving it credt for all those years. I still don't think it's the cetner of the universe, but it is a cool place to visit.

I was supposed to get there at 12:25 today, but my flight is oversold, so I volunteered to get bumped. If that happens, I'll supposedly be flying through DC now, and won't get into LaGuardia until 5:00. That all is subject to change. If I do get bumped, I'll get a $200 flight voucher. That could come in handy. I'm flexible, I have no checked baggage, and I technically don't have to be there until 9 am tomorrow. So we'll see.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NYC not the center of the omniverse!??
Heresy, I say!

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |