Monday, August 31, 2009

My Photography Bucket List

While perusing Zooomr one day recently, and appreciating all the great photography that is being posted there and elsewhere, I found myself thinking about all the things I was seeing, and how I would like to get some of the same shots. As you can see from this snippet of the best photography on Zooomr in the past year, there's a wide variety of subjects there; wildlife, architecture, landscapes, macros, etc. The more I thought about what I'd like to shoot, the more I realized that I was building an unwritten list in my mind. My photography "bucket list," as it were.

So I got out a pen and some paper, and started brainstorming all the things I'd like to photograph in my lifetime. Here's what I came up with, grouped into a few categories.

ACTS OF GOD
  • Tornado
  • Lightning
  • Snowflake macro
  • Volcano eruption
  • Glacier calving
  • Northern Lights

ARCHITECTURE
  • Eiffel Tower (again, now that I know what I'm doing, somewhat)
  • Taj Mahal
  • Sydney Harbor
  • Golden Gate Bridge
  • Pyramids/Sphynx
  • Mohammed's Tomb
  • Great Wall of China
  • Acropolis/Parthenon (again, see Eiffel Tower)

GEOGRAPHY
  • North Pole/South Pole
  • Redwoods
  • Mt. Fuji
  • Matterhorn (again, it was cloudy the only time I've been to Zermatt)
  • Niagara Falls

Historical/Other
  • Shark
  • Blue Band, in Beaver Stadium, at field level
  • Auschwitz-Birkenau/Bergen-Belsen
  • Space Shuttle Launch
  • My Great-Grandchildren
So that's my first draft, and it's a living document. I'm sure I have glaring omissions, and that's okay.

What's on your bucket list?

3 comments:

Tom Devlin said...

You better hurry up for the Shuttle launch - not many more left.

Tom Devlin (Zooomr, Flickr)

Deon said...

i did the same thing...how did you think of the idea?
gjbphotography@vodamail.co.za

Unknown said...

Just looking at a lot of pictures. I see a cool lightning shot and think, "I'd like to have a cool lightning shot of my own." Same goes for pictures of famous architecture shots, famous nature shots, etc.

If you've posted your list, I'd love to see it.

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |