Saturday, September 02, 2006

A New Horse in the Stable

As I mentioned in The Big Adventure: Part II: This Thread is Useless Without Pictures, the CCD sensor on my Minolta Dimage 7Hi went faulty, rendering the camera useless. It turns out that this was a huge problem for Sony, who manufactured the sensors for Minolta and a bunch of other camera companies.

But even though my 2.5 year old camera was out of warranty, Sony owned the problem, and agreed to replace my camera. They offered various options, but the one I took was to have my camera replaced with a new Sony DSC-H2, the current model camera most comparable to my 7Hi.

After sending back my broken camera in mid-July, I finally received its replacement on September 1st. Here it is:

And here's the first picture taken with it:
(I had the lens hood on when I shouldn't have, and it cast a shadow over the lower part of the picture. Now I know.)

And for the sake of completeness, here's a picture of the camera that's been carrying the entire load since July. My Canon SD450

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |