Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Who's Here?

This blog uses Google Analytics to keep track of hits (readers) to the blog. It doesn't show who is visiting, but it does show where they are visiting from. It also gives information on how they got here, and other things that are important to people who use their site to earn revenue. I just use it out of curiousity, since I never know who's visiting unless they comment, either on the blog or to me personally.

But Google Analytics provides me with this cool graphic.

In the Geo Map Overlay, hits (visits) are indicated by orange dots. The larger the dot, the more hits from that area. From this map you can see that most of my visits come from the east coast of the United States. There are also hits coming from South America, Europe, Asia, and sometimes Australia.

The towns indicated on this map include:

North America
  • Seattle
  • St. Paul
  • El Segundo
  • Kingwood
  • Beaufort
  • Atlanta
  • Norcross
  • Graham
  • Vanceboro
  • Rockville
  • Quentin
  • Frederick
  • Birdsboro
  • Mountain Top
  • Pine Forge
  • Cranbury
South America
  • Recife
Europe
  • Fontaney-sous-Bois
  • Reigate
Asia
  • Xian
  • Beijing
  • Soul
  • Pusan
  • Fuzhou
  • Lishui
Now some of these I can figure out, but some I have no idea, particularly the ones outside of the US. So if you're visiting TravelingRoths.com, welcome! Leave a note in the comments or shoot me an e-mail at Dave-at-TravelingRoths.com and say where you're reading this from.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |