Saturday, April 22, 2006

Rainout and the Next Few Weeks

Plenty of rain today in Mebane, so no soccer. Tristan has a game tomorrow, and the weather is predicted to be lovely.

This week, I (Dave) have rehearsals and performances of Eastern Alamance High School's production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, where I'm playing in the pit orchestra. I'm not familiar with the music at all, but fortunately, one of my best skills as a musician (if I do say so myself) is sight reading. I'm also pretty good at covering my mistakes and making them look intentional. Now if I could only not laugh when I do it. My chops are pretty rusty, but I also performed with the Mebane Acting Company back in December in their production of A Christmas Carol, and that went swimmingly, so I'm not terribly concerned. It'll be fun. It's amazing how walking into a high school auditorium for musical rehearsal can take you back to 1985 when you were practicing My Fair Lady at Owen J. Roberts High School.

Next week, I'll be down in Greenville, South Carolina for the worldwide users conference for a piece of software I spend most of my workday dealing with. You've never heard of it. That should be fun, and a change of pace, which is always welcome.

The week after that, all of the Traveling Roths are going to Lake Tahoe, Nevada to see Jennifer's youngest brother Jonas graduate from Sierra Nevada College. It'll be our first big vacation in about three years, when we went to Jennifer's oldest brother Jared's wedding in Albuquerque, so needless to say, we're all excited.

So thanks for visiting, and stay tuned for more adventures of The Traveling Roths

0 comments:

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |