Saturday, May 03, 2008

PhotoChallenge

Trevor Carpenter, a contact from Zooomr, runs the PhotoChallenge.org site. Trevor's reason for creating the PhotoChallenge site is that:
This is the number one place for challenging yourself to take your photography to the next level.

I'd certainly like to take my photography to the next level, so I've decided to take part in this month's challenge. Here's the description.

As you know, this challenge has us shooting a new object each week of May. This week is the first week in May, and right now I’m announcing the first object.

beverage

It’s that easy. Select a beverage and shoot it for the next 3 days. If you have speed-lights or strobes, set up a studio and get creative. Get out and shoot it as many different ways as possible.

So here are my first three submissions for the first theme of May:

Mass-Market Root Beer Float

Frozen Pear Daiquiri

Daiquiri, Strawberry, Frozen

Granted, I didn't photograph the same beverage each time, but if photography is an art, then I'm taking artistic license with the rules. Besides, I'm not going to let these libations go to waste after I've finished taking their picture, so I figured I'd enjoy a different beverage each day, and that would be inspiration in itself.

Keep an eye out on my Zooomr stream, and my now Pro Flickr stream (thanks to Andy for the gift of the pro membership) for upcoming submissions to Trevor Carpenter's PhotoChallenge, and check out the PhotoChallenge photo pool on Flickr.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, Roths!

Post a Comment

| Top ↑ |